The HP EX470 MediaSmart Server has a hidden "Easter Egg" that allows you to change the behavior of the drive LEDs. Here's how you enable the hidden feature:
- Launch the Home Server Console by double clicking on the tray icon.
- Hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys and click on the picture of the computer next to the LED brightness control.
- The control changes to "HP MediaSmart Server LED Light Show"
You can now select from the following options:
- Default System Lights
- Holiday Lights (perfect for this time of year)
- Descending Chasers (in blue, red or purple)
- Ascending Chasers (in blue, red or purple)
- Pulsing (in all colors)
- Night Rider (in all colors)
- Morse Code Credits
My Morse code is a little rusty, so if anyone has deciphered the message, please leave a reply here. Now we know why the HP EX470 was delayed for such a long time. :)
Here is a Youtube video showing the LEDs in action: