Once you have modified your EX470 with 2GB on RAM (from the default 512 MB), you may want to change the system virtual memory configuration options. The default is set to a minimum 720MB and a maximum of 1440 MB.
After reading on"the Internets", the consensus seems to be an initial amount of 1.5 times the physical memory with a maximum amount of 3 times. If your system has 2 GB (i.e. 2048 MB) use the values of 3072 MB and 6144 MB respectively.
- Remote desktop into your WHS machine (follow steps 2-4 here if you need help).
- Click Start then right-click on My Computer and click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab in the Performance section, click on the Settings button.
- Click the Advanced tab (yes, another Advanced tab) and under the Virtual memory section, click on the Change button.
- We'll want to delete the current page file, so select the No paging file radio button and click Set. Ignore any warning that may pop up.
- Then select the Custom size radio button and use 3072 for Initial size (MB) and 6144 for Maximum size (MB) and click Set again.
That's it. Your page file will be set to the recommended values for a computer with 2 GB of memory