In the HP EX470, the internal SATA drives (up to 4) are connected via the SiS 1182 controller. The eSATA drive connects via the Marvell 88SE6111-NAA1 controller.
There has been an update to the Marvell Virtual Device driver since HP put the lid on the EX470. Here is the device information before the update:
To get the latest driver:
- Remote Desktop into the WHS box (follow steps 2-4 here if you need help).
- Open the Device Manager (click Start, right click on My Computer and select Manage then click on Device Manager)
- In the right pane, open Systems Devices (by clicking on the plus).
- Right click on Marvell Virtual Device and select Update Driver.
- A Wizard dialog should appear. Choose "Install the software automatically" and click Next.
I'm not sure exactly what the changes are, but I always believe it's better to keep a tidy house. I've been running this new driver for a few days now without incident.